Week 9 – Gov.
Objectives: Describe the relationship between the state and federal governments as well as how the states have slowly submitted more power to the federal government. Give insight as to how states can regain the authority they’ve lost in years past.
- Federalism: freedom and states rights
- Federalism: how freedom was lost
- Federalism: how to get freedom back
- Read chapter 21 of Government and Politics in the United States, (q. 1,3,4)
- Questions for the week:
- How did the Federalist’s interpretation of the Declaration of Independence differ from the Anti-federalists interpretation?
- How did the constitutional convention of 1788 change the power and role of the national and state governments?
- What role did Alexander Hamilton play in developing a more powerful central government?
- What is nullification and interposition and how can it be used by the states?
- What practical steps can individuals and families take to restore the authority of states?