Week 6 – Gov.
Objectives: Compare and contrast the differences between the Constitution and the Articles of Confederation. Explain the arguments of the Federalists and Anti-Federalists.
- Read Conspiracy at Philadelphia, pp. 255-296.
- Read the amendments to The Constitution of the U.S.
- Explain the rights given to the people in the first 10 amendments.
- How do these rights protect the people?
- How do these rights protect the states?
- James Madison, “Deficiencies of the Confederation”
- List and explain 6 of the deficiencies Madison listed.
- Patrick Henry, “Speech on Central Government Power under the Constitution”
- What are 5 fears Patrick Henry has toward the Constitution? Have any of those come to pass? Give examples
- Questions for the week: Make a chart contrasting the Constitution and the Articles of Confederation. Which side has proved to be accurate in their prediction of what would happen in the future under the Constitution? Explain your answer. What role did feudalism play in the creation of the U.S.?